Day 80 Saturday 14/8/21 Mulambin, some cloud 22
Woody returns from an early trip to Yeppoon famer’s market with more Pisang Ducasse bananas and French pastries from Baked on 44. With so many bananas piled up in the fruit bowl it’s becoming a logistical nightmare to get into the shower of a morning. Doesn’t everyone keep their fruit bowl in the bathroom? Anyway, those French pastries are becoming a weekend treat. MV drops in with a bunch of herbs from the lady who runs a fruit and vegie stall up on the main road by the beach.
I take a walk along nearby Kemp Beach and to my surprise find a dead sea snake curled up in seaweed. I wouldn’t want to meet that when it was alive.
All of NSW has now gone into lockdown. At happy hour we debate our plan southwards as per the current rules:
- Re stock medicines (the bane of a grey nomad)
- Shop for 3 weeks supply of food at a large inland town in case we must quarantine at home for 2 weeks.
- NSW Travel Pass
- Vic Entry Permit, apparently 72 hours before entry.
- Get Covid tested before leaving Qld, where?
- Get Covid tested the day after we get home. That’s easy.
Towing Kms: 0
Note: Looking at this list I reckon Woody had an easier time visiting East Germany before the Berlin Wall came down.